Customer Feedback

I enjoy going to restaurants. I don't get to go as much as I would like, due to financial priorities, but whenever I do, I usually try to provide positive feedback to places that have impressed me and send respectful messages when something is not quite up to par. I have recently had to do this twice with two very different stores. I thought I would share one of them on here, mostly so I can keep a record, but also so I can point out how very reasonable some stores have been about responding to our needs!

It was the Burger King here in Savoy. I went there about two weeks ago to pick up some food Gretch was craving while recovering from a nasty cold. Even though the weather was truly frightful, I ventured out and ordered some inexpensive bacon cheeseburgers from the Value Menu. After paying, I realised that the price I was charged was higher than the menu board had listed, so I went online and sent a message through the corporate office:
I went to the Savoy Burger King this afternoon and ordered three double bacon  cheeseburgers from the Value Menu. The price listed on the overhead menu was  $1.99, but I was charged $2.29 per sandwich. While this is obviously not a major difference in cost, I was surprised to see that the register amount was different from the menu price. Has there been a change in price that hasn't been updated on the in-store menus?

I wasn't particularly upset about the difference (I mean, seriously, we are talking sixty cents), but I was concerned that such as simple oversight had been made. That is why I was so surprised to receive the following email within days of my message:
First, I want to apologize for the error on our part.   Second, I called the other stores in town to verify the correct price.  The board was incorrect and has been corrected to $2.29.  I can understand the frustration of ordering an item at a listed price and then being charged another.  It is not right.  

I would like to invite you back for a double bacon cheeseburger on us.  My name is N-- and I am almost every morning and lunch.  If I am not here my assistants J----- and F---- would be more than happy to take care of you!  

If there is anything else feel free to contact us at [redacted]. 
Wow! I responded to let him know that, due to my schedule as a teacher, I was going to be busy and that I'd be out of town over the weekend, but I know what Gretch and I are going to get for lunch on Monday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crafty Craftiness

Who Are You?

And This Is Life Eternal