Love And Respect

"If one doesn't respect oneself one can have neither love nor respect for others."

"I can fight only for something that I love, love only what I respect, and respect only what I at least know."

“Cooking is at once one of the simplest and most gratifying of the arts, but to cook well one must love and respect food.”

Gretch and I were having a discussion the other night about whether or not the source of a quotation affects the validity of the statement. We've decided to put it to the test. What do you think of these statements?

If you happen to know the sources, please don't ruin the game. Oh, and don't go Googling them, either! The purpose of this discussion is to find out what you think about the statements, not the authors. I'll post the quotes again with the authors after we get some feedback.

Comments

Confucious say, Man who stand on toilet, high on pot.

A truth that has stood the test of time.

Popular posts from this blog

Crafty Craftiness

Is Civil Discourse Too Much To Ask For?

And This Is Life Eternal