Finally!

Hm... It has quite suddenly occurred to me that I rarely use punctuation in my blog post titles. I am not sure why this has occurred to me, but, seeing as my method of writing involves a lot of stream-of-consciousness, I figured I should let you all know, too.

So after a month of indecision, uncertainty, worry, concern, contingency plans and contingency plans in case the contingency plans fell through, Gretch and I have made a decision concerning the coming year.

We are staying in Champaign.

I know, kinda anti-climactic, but for those who have been following the adventures in homelessness followed swiftly by the concurrent adventures in joblessness, you'll know that the past month has been quite tumultuous.

I have applied for probably close to 300 teaching positions in the United States, mostly in Illinois, Indiana, and Missouri, but also in Iowa, Colorado, Tennessee, Kentucky, Ohio, Alabama, Connecticut, Minnesota, and Utah. Of all these applications, only one netted an actual job interview, which went very well. Unfortunately, having an interview go very well doesn't always net a job offer, or even an invitation to come in for a second interview. I will continue to apply for jobs as I see them come up, but, for the time being, I am going to resume my occupation as a substitute teacher in Champaign Community Unified School District 4 (look, I finally learned what CUSD stands for!) - incidentally, for any of you readers who know any teachers in the elementary and middle schools in Champaign, please let them know that I am indeed going to be subbing this year, and I would be delighted to sub for them any time!

Gretch has had a phone interview and one sit-down interview with a design firm in Rantoul, Taylor Studios, Inc., that designs and produces museum exhibits, as well as other things full of golden awesomeness. We are waiting to see if she will be called in for a second interview. The job would be as a graphic designer, starting off part-time with the possibility of becoming full-time (with benefits) sometime in the first quarter of 2011. Click the link if you want to see the kind of things that TSI does!

So, after all the craziness, we are just five days away from finally moving into our lovely new duplex at 2509-A Leeper Drive in Champaign! Thanks to everyone for the love, support, and prayers during this roller coaster ride!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crafty Craftiness

Is Civil Discourse Too Much To Ask For?

And This Is Life Eternal