Dreams

I don't dream. At least, not very often. And when I do dream, it is always so totally bizarre as to defy all sense and logic. Normally, it seems that people can trace their dreams to something from their conscious lives. Something is worrying them, or they saw a really scary movie, or it is something that they have been spending a lot of time thinking about, etc. Of course, I know that there are those random dreams, too, but I think that all of my dreams fall under the latter category. When I dream, that is. Because, really, rather than dreaming, I seem to think to myself throughout the night. I am also acutely aware of when I am dreaming, because I am often thinking, "Wow, this dream is so bizarre!"

Which is why when I was dreaming last night, it really freaked me out. I had a very vivid dream. And yet, the entire time I was dreaming, I was only vaguely aware that it was a dream. This kind of worried me more.

The dream just started quite suddenly in the middle of a major event. It felt like I had turned on the TV to discover a movie had been playing, and I just started where it was. It also ended quite abruptly, like when the power is suddenly cut, and the TV turns off.

I dreamed that Gretchen and I had our first child, and that it was a girl. The dream started right after she was born, and stopped right before she was given a name and a blessing (an ordinance ritual that is somewhat, although not entirely, peculiar to the LDS church). The most important thing I remember is that a) this was our first child, and that b) her name is going to be Carina Elizabeth, which is what I have always wanted to name my first daughter, regardless of birth order.

The strangest part of this whole thing is that Gretchen and I are not expecting to have any children any time soon, so I really don't know where this came from. But it seemed so real as it  be somewhat vexing. And, for some reason, people kept calling the baby Molly. But that may have been because my dream suddenly morphed with the TV show "Heroes."

Okay, so even my not-crazy dreams are still crazy.

Comments

Unknown said…
If you guys ever do have a baby girl, regardless of what you name her, may I call her Molly anyway?

Popular posts from this blog

Crafty Craftiness

Is Civil Discourse Too Much To Ask For?

And This Is Life Eternal