Juxtaposition

So Gretch and I had her parents and siblings over for a Memorial Day steak-fest and viewing of the classic film, Renaissance Man. Before the family arrived, I decided that no Memorial Day feast is complete without deviled eggs, so I ran to County Market to get some eggs. While there, I saw this display:

Something about the juxtaposition of the grocery store's slogan (WE value FAMILY) and home explosives (TNT) just made me chuckle. The only thing that would have made it better would have been some humorously misplaced quotation marks.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I loved that misused quotation marks blog.
We Three Queens said…
Hi Alex,

Thanks so much for getting back to me. After writing you, I did a hoax search and found some similar information. I didn't want to be passing the story along if it was a matter of folklore, however, if something of true significance had occurred I wanted to share it. Anyway, thanks again for the help. Feel free to keep in touch or check out my blog if you desire.

Popular posts from this blog

Crafty Craftiness

Who Are You?

And This Is Life Eternal