Wedding Bells Are Gonna Chime

Well, actually, now that I think about it, wedding bells themselves will not be chiming, due to an unfortunate lack of bells in most Latter-day Saint buildings. But there will at least be symbolic wedding bells. Maybe I'll bring a small bell and ring it on the appropriate days.

Quite a while ago, Gretch's sister Erin started dating this really cool guy named Sam. She tried to pretend they weren't dating at first, by introducing him to the family as her "friend" and having his sister come along on a lot of their activities. But Gretch is an incredibly intuitive woman and she figured it out. And, of course, told me, although we were both sworn to secrecy. Unfortunately, Sam's family didn't have the same oath of silence placed on them, so things came to a head when Sam's mum said something to Erin's parents during a dinner. A few months later, things were getting serious, and we figured that Sam would soon be joining the ranks of Gretch's father's list of Pall Bearers (a strange custom, I know, but one we cheerfully accept).

A couple of months ago, it happened. A wedding date was set for June 19, which, if you remember, happens to be the day before our second anniversary (our first anniversary being August 16). So, fun times for June.

Then my sister Amanda moved to Utah and within three weeks told me she was dating a boy named Cameron, and that I should facebook stalk him in order to see if I approved. All I had to know was that he was a fan of rugby, and I said that he has earned my Seal of Approval. Time moved forward, and Amanda told us they were considering an October wedding. A few weeks passed and all of a sudden they were considering a May wedding, but then it got bumped back to October. Gretch and I made a wager with each other. Then Amanda called a couple of weeks ago to see what we thought about a June 18 wedding. I begged her to change the date, as it would be nigh unto impossible for us to be in Nauvoo, Illinois, on the 18th and then get to Winter Quarters, Nebraska, the next day. Well, Amanda called a few minutes later and said, "Okay, what about June 5?" So Gretch won the bet (not surprising - remember, she's the one who is super-intuitive about these things).

So this June is going to be pretty busy. A wedding on June 5. My baby sister's birthday on June 8. A wedding on June 19. The celebration of our second second anniversary on June 20. But, all things considered, I can't think of anything better to occupy the middle of summer.

Comments

America said…
What is your second anniversary? Which one is your first? I'm confused...
We started dating on August 16, 2007. This is our First Anniversary that we celebrate. We got married on June 20, 2008. This is the second anniversary we celebrate. So because we never got to celebrate our anniversary of when we started dating before we got married, we decided we would celebrate it after.

Thus, we have our First Anniversary in August and our Second Anniversary in June.

I should probably remember to capitalise them in order to help with the confusion.

Popular posts from this blog

Crafty Craftiness

Who Are You?

And This Is Life Eternal