An Attempt At Normalcy

My beloved wife has informed me, quite sternly, to stop using our blog for purposes other than its true intent. I admit that I am not quite certain what this means, but when I pressed for me details, I was given dirty looks from the woman I love. And since I really do want Gretch to be happy, I am attempting a "normal" blog post.

It is my understanding that blogs are meant to be used to talk about what is going on in the blogger's life. Or, at least, that is what this blog is for. While I seriously question this, I will comply.

My life is pretty boring, really. In case you don't believe me, here is a run-down on what I have accomplished today.

After waking Gretch for the third time at about 7:00 am and getting her off to Parkland for her 8 am class, I spent the morning reading "Twilight" and listening to my not-awesome neighbours across the way screaming at each other for a very long time. I think the screaming started at 9:30 am, but it could have been going on earlier. At least I noticed it at this time. By 10:30 am, I had had enough and called my landlord, Dan, to ask if he could do anything about it. As an aside, these particular neighbours do not rent from Tuscany Ridge like we do, because, for some vaguely understood reason, their particular unit is privately-owned. But they were in the parking lot, blocking traffic, and Dan came down in his truck with a employee riding shotgun and another truck with two more employees as back-up. Then they called the police and there was a merry little party in the parking lot consisting of a screaming wife, a doped-up husband, four guys who work for Tuscany Ridge, and two or three Champaign police officers. The noise subsided and I was able to continue reading.

I decided to go do some work this afternoon for Simply Spotless, and went to Ace Hardware to purchase some cleaning products for the company truck. We're pretty certain the radiator and the crankcase both are having leakage problems, so said products were meant to clean and stop the leaks. And yes, I do get paid to do stuff like this. I also refilled our cleaning solutions and left a note for employees, telling them to stop leaving their fast food garbage in the truck.

After returning home, I read more of "Twilight" then I went to Parkland, picked up Gretch, had a quick lunch, and brought her to work (at Ace). I then spent the remainder my evening reading "Twilight" and napping before finding a package on the doorstep from UPS. Or, rather, a package delivered by UPS, from Microsoft's Live Search Club. Oddly enough, this package was supposed to be signed by the recipient. No signature was obtained (I was napping at the time). I wish I had been awake, because I could have then informed UPS that the person for whom the package is intended does not live here. So I actually took the effort to contact the LS Club Customer Service to inform them of the error. Haven't quite decided what to do with said package.

And now I am leaving to head off for work this evening. Maybe if enough people comment, Gretch will post about her fabulously exciting trip to the Krannert Art Museum (undertaken while I was reading "Twilight" and then working in the Garage).

Comments

Beth Blair said…
Ok. I like the new background but the brown makes reading the black text a little difficult. You like sounds about as exciting as mine.
Mrs. C said…
Oh our fun neighbors-I hope this crap is dealt with soon-Where are you in the Twilight series?!?! Good choice by the way:)

Popular posts from this blog

Crafty Craftiness

Who Are You?

And This Is Life Eternal