Google Chrome

It was inevitable. As Google continues to move toward a global hegemony of information technology, particularly on the Internet, they had to come up with a web browser. And so they have. Last week Google introduced the world to Google Chrome in it's Beta form.

You can Google the product to learn more about it. I downloaded it, and have been using it for a week now. I like it. I think it is simple and easy to navigate. It has some pretty cool features, like giving you immediate access to your nine most visited sites when you open a new tab, along with a list of your most recent bookmarks, and other cool stuff like that.

It is new, though, which means it doesn't have all of the cool gadgets and whatnots that Firefox or Internet Explorer have available. But the thing that has surprised me the most is that most of Google's own web-browsing tools don't work for it! I want the Google toolbar, so that I can immediately acces the number-one site listed on Google (that's what the "I Feel Lucky" button does, in case you were wondering). I want to be able to search just for images, and I want to have my Google maps button. But, perhaps most useful of all, I want the Translation tool available! I hope that Google realises that all of the cool buttons and gadgets on their Toolbar are not available on their own browser. And if they are, I'd really like for someone to tell me how I can use them!

That complaint aside, I love the concept of Google Chrome, and I highly recommend that others give it a go!

Comments

Unknown said…
The security issues are why I uninstalled, but the inability to have vertical tabs was pretty much a dealbreaker anyway. If they fix the security stuff and somebody builds an extension for vertical tabs then I'd give it another go, but I'll stick with Firefox3 for now.
Beth Blair said…
when it's out of beta, I'll try it out.

Popular posts from this blog

Crafty Craftiness

And This Is Life Eternal

Who Are You?